FAQ - Prescription
What do I need to know about my prescription before I order?
Before you order, please check to make sure your prescription:
• is written by a licensed optician or optometrist and has not expired. A prescription is only valid for 2 years. We are unable to process expired prescriptions.
• is for glasses and not contact lenses. If you’d like progressive lenses, we offer them starting at $245, at our stores. We do not currently offer bifocal lenses, but if your doctor has written this type of prescription for you, we can fill them as progressives (similar to no-line bifocals) or as single-vision.
• includes your pupillary distance (PD). Your PD is the distance in millimeters between your pupils; it helps us center your prescription correctly in your frames. If your prescription doesn’t include this measurement, you have a few options: Stop by any of our retail stores where our trained associates can measure your PD.
Measure your PD yourself using online PD tools.
If you’re having trouble measuring your PD, most optical shops will be able to measure it for you.
How do I obtain a prescription?
There are two ways you can get a prescription:
• Book an eye exam with us. At some of our retail stores, you can get your eyes examined by a licensed optician/optometrist.
• Make an appointment with your own optometrist. Make sure your optometrist include your pupillary distance (PD) on your prescription.
My prescription is very strong. Can you fill it?
We cannot fill prescriptions with a sphere (SPH) value stronger than -10.00 or +6.00. If you do not have astigmatism, the SPH will be the only value on your prescription (no cylinder (CYL) or axis).
Good to go!
Can’t fulfill OD Sphere (SPH) stronger than -10.00
If you have astigmatism in either eye, you will have a cylinder value in your prescription. We cannot fill prescriptions with a cylinder value stronger than ±2.00. Good to go!
Can’t fulfill OD Cylinder (CYL) stronger than -2.00
If you’d like prescription sunglasses, we can fulfill your order up to a combined sphere and cylinder value of -7.00. Some of our smaller sunglasses frames can accommodate slightly stronger prescriptions. We also offer progressive lenses and are currently able to accommodate ADD powers that fall between +0.75 and +3.75.
We’re happy to help you figure out the best frames for you based on your prescription strength. Give us a call at +65 6702 3480, Monday–Friday, 10.30 a.m.–10 p.m.
If we are unable to fill your prescription, you can still purchase Visual Mass frames. To purchase a pair of frames with non-prescription multicoated lenses, simply add them to cart and check out with the "No Prescription" option. Just take them to your doctor and you’re all set.